In this digital age, it’s all too easy for relationships to take a hit online. Whether you accidentally block someone on Instagram or intentionally do so, there are many ways to repair the relationship for instance hitting the ‘unblock’ button. Because once you block someone on Instagram, they can no longer see your posts or stories, tag you, send DMs, or add you to their list of friends. They will also be removed from any group chats where both of you are participants.
This might be helpful in many cases but if you plan to unblock the person and mend your relationship with them then you must read this article till the end. Here we’ll explain how and why should unblock someone on Instagram. Just keep in mind that if you’ve blocked someone and then unblocked them later on, you will have to wait 48 hours before being able to add them as a friend again.
7 Reasons Why You Should Unblock Someone On Instagram
There are a few reasons why someone might choose to unblock someone on Instagram. Like the person was being rude, passing harsh comments, making you feel depressed, or harassing you. Whatever the reason was, you can think of unblocking them now because of the following reasons.
- The person has changed and is no longer the type of person that they don’t want to associate with.
- The blocking was done in the heat of the moment, and you had time to calm down and think about it logically.
- You want to see what the person has been up to.
- You miss seeing the person’s posts and stories.
- You want to be able to send DMs to the person again.
- You realized that blocking the person was more harmful than helpful.
- You don’t want the person to think that you are still mad at them or holding a grudge.
Unblocking someone may also pave the way for a healthier social media diet. If you find yourself feeling bad after seeing someone’s posts or scrolling through their feed, chances are it’s time to hit that “unfollow” button instead of the “block” button.
Step-by-Step Guide On How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
If you have blocked someone on Instagram, this might be because of their irritating behavior or irrelevant/negative comments on your content. You definitely did the right thing, but after some time, if you change your mind, unblock them and allow them to be a part of your community. For this, all you have to do is to follow the step-by-step guide written below.
Step #1: Log in to Your “Account”
Open the app and log in to your “Account.”
Step #2: Go to Your “Profile”
Now go to your profile by tapping the “Profile” button on the bottom right side of the app.
Step #3: Open the “Settings” Menu
Now press three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open it. Then tap on “Setting” to open the settings menu.
Step #4: Go to “Privacy”
From the opened menu on your screen, now tap the “Privacy” button to open privacy settings.
Step #5: Go to “Blocked Accounts”
After opening the “privacy” settings, scroll the page to the bottom to find the “Blocked Accounts” option and tap it.
Step #6: “Unblock” the Account
Here you will find the list of “blocked accounts.” Press the “unblock” button against the account you want to “unblock.”
Step #7: Confirm to “Unblock” the Account
The last step is to tap the “unblock” button in the confirmation window to unblock the person.
7 Benefits Of Unblocking Someone On Instagram
Unblocking someone on Instagram can be a great way to exercise forgiveness, and it’s a great way to improve your social media experience. Here are seven benefits of unblocking someone on Instagram:
1. You will be able to see their posts again – If you have accidentally blocked someone or simply had a falling out with someone, unblocking them will allow you to see their posts again.
2. You will be able to interact with their posts – Once you unblock someone, you will be able to like, comment, and share their posts again.
3. You will be able to message them – Unblocking someone on Instagram will also allow you to send them direct messages again.
4. You will be able to follow them again – If you want to keep up with someone’s updates but don’t want them in your feed, following them is a great way to do that. Unblocking them will allow you to follow them again without allowing them to follow you or see your posts.
5. You will be able to tag them in posts and comments – Tagging someone in a post or comment is a great way to get their attention or involve them in a conversation. This way you can draw someone’s attention directly to a particular post or comment. Unblocking someone on Instagram will allow you to tag them again.
6. You will be able to add them back to a group chat – If you are in a group chat with someone that you have blocked, unblocking them will allow you to add them back to the chat so that you can continue talking with them. This might help you in practicing forgiveness and improving your relationship with that person.
7. You will be able to view their profile again – Once you unblock someone on Instagram, their profile will become visible to you again, and you will be able to see any new updates they have made since you last viewed it.
If you are still undecided or need more convincing, just think about these three final reasons. First, unblocking someone can help improve your relationship with them. Second, it can also open up communication between the two of you. Lastly, it shows that you are mature and willing to forgive and move on. So go ahead and unblock that person today. In case you don’t know how to, just follow the step-by-step guide given above.